Rainbow of Love offers quality parenting classes in Houston, TX, to effectively educate parents on appropriate non-aggressive discipline
and techniques to manage and correct misbehavior. We offer two different programs with 7 to 10 sessions for parenting:
o Young Children (0-10 years)
o Teenagers (11 years and up)
The completion of the course takes several hours and an be completed in 2 days or you may choose to attend 1 hour a week for 8 weeks. You will receive a certificate indicating you completed 8 hours of training at the end of the course. A $50.00 flat rate fee per person - per program is required along with your Photo I.D. on the day of your
Classes are available Tuesday through Saturday by appointment at our Houston office location.
Call (713) 779-8877 to make an appointment today.
... what do Parenting Classes do?
· Teach parents the basics of child development so they will have appropriate expectations of their children.
· Teach parents appropriate, non-aggressive discipline and ways to manage and correct misbehavior.
· Help parents recognize their strengths and use them when parenting.
· Tell parents about local resources that deal with parenting and family issues.
· Connect parents with other parents for support and encouragement.
Rainbow of Love offers PRIDE (Parent Resources of Information, Development and Education) Training for adoptive families
who are adopting from the state foster care system.
Our foster parent training is designed to better prepare the adoptive parents for the realities (i.e. trauma, both physical and mental) that
most children in the foster care system have experienced. Mini-PRIDE will touch on the following topics:
- Separation and attachment
- Importance of the birth, extended, and temporary families
- The needs for children to maintain sibling contact and birth family connection
- The dynamics and impact of abuse and neglect on children and their development
- The behavior exhibited, sexuality and its manifestation in children who have experienced the trauma of abuse and neglect
- Age-appropriate, non-physical discipline and agreement to abide by the CPS policy
- Use of community resources
- Health, disabilities, and developing positive family attitudes
The Pride Training and certification are a requirement for state adoption. It is an 8 session course or adoption only applicants can complete mini PRIDE in 8-hours. PRIDE will greatly benefit and help adoptive parents understand the responsibility involved with adopting from the state foster care system.
*Nosotros hablamos español.